Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fun at Palos

The Gang waiting for Jerry.
Nate practing his track stands waitng for Jerry.


We went and rode at Palos today for a change. Thanks to Chris for leading the way so we never got lost. There is some sweet single track out there and you can ride for hours and barely ride the trails twice. It was a blast and have to try it again down the road. The only complaint is that you can ride it either way and there were a lot of riders coming in the other direction. I was coming into the last 1/2 mile and some idiot with and Ipod on was riding towards me and never moved or even heard me. I went to the right and he moved slightly in the same direction and I went over the top and took one of his bar ends in the ribs. That wasn't the only crash as Jerry was also taken out by some goof. Most of the others moved over or we did but there were a few real stupid ones out there. The next time there it has to be early to avoid the other riders. Oh yea thanks Rachael. The Jrs were riding awesome today and taking everything that was thrown at them. It was a blast to follow them. I rode the single speed and Jerry told me the perfect gear and was a blast to ride it again on the single track and a few nice long hills. The leg felt OK as the area around the knee cap was sore but very tolerable. I'm hoping that it will be fine by the next race. Time to cook some chicken. Later..

No comments: