Friday, November 16, 2007

Time to live in a tree

I got the Punks to school this morning and then got some petro for the car and a pound of Alterra coffee and hit the road. I got going about 8:30am and got here at 12:30pm. I should have counted the deer on the side of the road as there was at least 100 from Milwaukee to Woodville. I think that there is a better chance to hit a deer with the car then seeing one in the deer stand. I hope that I see a few while I'm sitting there for the next 3 days. I was able to set the cruise control at 75 and just followed the traffic flow. I seen a bunch of State Patrol cars waiting in the woods hoping to ruin someones hunting trip, but I wasn't going to let it happen to me. I just kept the eye out front and slowed each time to prevent the radar from getting me. I also think every truck was on the road with blaze orange, guns and not to forget a bunch of beer heading to the woods. I'm just glad that we hunt by Wade and there is not to any of these guys around us. It is nice as we get to sit behind his place in about 100 acres with only his neighbor and kid and my Dad and I. Time to get out and check the deer stand and get the gun and blaze orange clothes out for the hunt. Later..

No comments: