Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tulsa

We got The Punks up @ 4am and we were on the road at 5am this morning. We took I43 to miss the Chicago area as that sucks at any time you drive any where near there. We were to St Louis in 5 hours and then got here in Tulsa by 5pm. I had to drive rain or a mist the entire way here but the traffic was not that bad as it was going 75 to 80 the entire time. We made 2 bathroom stops with a gas and a food stop. So it was a 775 mile drive and got it done with the stops in 12 hours. We went to the Expo center right away to check out he track and it is really cool. It was is a long track with some real cool tables and rhythm sections. I think Nate is going to do well and the goal is to make the mains in the Race of Champions on Friday and also the mains in the Grands on Sat and Sunday. If he makes the mains on Sunday he races after 4pm so it is going to be a long night ride home. We may not make it in time to get them to school but oh well. I will call in and take a vacation day as I have a week and 1 day left for the year yet. Cece already took a personal day and sent in her sub plans so we are in no hurry. I need sleep as Nate has gate practices tomorrow so off to bed I am. Later..

2 comments:

Mad Trix said...

Ride fast Nate and you guys be careful on the road. Hapy Thanksgiving GOBBLE GOBBLE!

Mountaingoat said...

Good luck out there!