Sunday, November 08, 2009

Weekend recap


Nate at the start line.Myles and Nate getting ready for the pre ride.
Sitting around the camp fire after a great Mexican dinner.
Nate trying to fool the bartender and order a beer. She told him no. Maybe next time.
The Bikes hung out over night so we had room in the cabin.

Had a great weekend and a great time traveling with Greg, Joe and Nic. A big thanks to Nic for driving the truck both ways as I got a chance to relax and enjoy the ride. I have to say the weekend was a blast and I never laughed so much to the goofing around that we all did. Can't wait to do it again.

The race went OK for me as I got sick Friday night after eating and I did not have anything to eat or drink before the race. I know that a race of any length would really suck after not having proper sleep, and nutrition. I was on the bubble right up to the start of the race weather I had it in me to even try to race. But Joe kept telling me that I should and just ride how the body felt. Well I towed the line and when the race started I just fell into line with the leaders and the next thing I knew it was about 7 miles into the race I was in a break away group of 5 of us. But I knew the end was coming as when our group was passing the racers from the waves that started before us I was falling off as the pace picked up and had to hit the gas to get back on. So I looked back and told Glen that he better get around me as I needed to slow up as I the effects from being sick the night before were catching up. So for the next 19 miles I just kept a tempo to keep the damage to a minimum. I worked for the most part as I did end up 9th overall. Good considering how I felt and the fact that for 29 miles and 2 hours of racing I did not eat or drink a thing.

Nate had a OK race as he also finished 9th in the Michigan Youth Race. This was the first time that they had the entire youth class as 1 class of 18 and under. He had to stop 2 times to close his front skewer as it popped open. As he had to do that the group rode away and then when he did again the race was over. He just kept it rolling and finished the race. He still beat me by 4 plus minutes, Punk. We had a great time and may have to do this race again. Time to find a stove on sale as ours is failing. Later..

No comments: