Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Easy way down

Well Nate, Cece and myself went to the Rhinelander bmx track yesterday. It was really fun as Cece did a bunch of laps on my cruiser. She said she will never race but would ride a bunch of laps each time we go to the Hodag bmx track. Nate was picking up where he left off in the spring. He was jumping the doubles and the tables. I asked if he wanted to race Tuesday night and if he did I would also but he said no. That was ok because we would have had to get back to the cabin do some work and eat and try to get back by 5:30.

I did a easy ride on Monday and the legs felt fine after the race on Sunday and I started doing some work with my Dad on the walkway to the lake from the cabin. We have had the same path and stairs for the last 4o plus years. Now that my parents have made the place on the lake their home my Mom wanted a easier way down to the lake. My Dad started redoing the stairs the other day and when I got there on Sunday he said hey you can help me with the stairs and I said fine no problem. The blocks and the 60 pound plus flat patio blocks had to get down the path. Well guess how they got there? You guessed, I carried them to my Dad as he laid them down. Yesterday while we were at the bmx track my brother called saying he was coming to the cabin. I thought right away someone to help as I was alittle sore after Monday carring the bricks and blocks. Wade carried the rest to me as I laid the new stairs. We finished the stairs today which are about 100 yards long. I'm glad as I could not have done another day of laying the blocks. Job all done and they look really good.

Well Russell and Diane are coming up Friday and then we are off to the Ore 2 Shore. We are meeting Jerry and Barb to do the race. I'm riding with Nate and Cece is riding her own race. Although Mike Owens asked if she wanted to do the 48 on the tandem but I think she is thinking no to that. We will have to see if he comes with the tandem maybe she will change her mind. I'm looking forward to just riding and doing a race with Nate as he will be dropping me one of these days. Just relaxing as I'm kind of sore from working on the stairs and my gin gimlet is empty. I wonder what EVERYONE else is doing? Later

2 comments:

Star Capital Management said...

Good luck at the Ore. Don't let that boy out sprint you to the line, there'll be plenty of years for that to happen.

Jay said...

He got me by .03 seconds at the line. How could not let him get you in front of all the people cheering? They were going nuts thinking that he out sprinted us. Alot of fun and can't wait until next year. See you there.