Saturday, August 06, 2005

Sat Ride

Well I went for a easy ride when I got home yesterday to try the new Sidi mtn bike shoes I bought. It is nice to have shoes that are nice fitting again and not falling to the sides. I rode the single speed and every now and then I think maybe I'll try a race this year but I don't know which race to try. I rode the Crystal Ridge race last year in comp and it was ok so I'll have to see.

Well todayI rode with Dan and Jeff. We all rode to 60th and Oakwood and then together we rode around Wind Lake. As we were coming down 7 mile road a red neck in a truck buzzed us and pulled over after he got up the road to have some words with us. As I pulled up I made sure the door wasn't going to open and Dan and I got in his face. He was saying we should not take up the road. We were in single file going down the road and then we should stop at stop signs. There wasn't a stop sign for about 5 miles and we stopped at the sign because there was cars. So we told the red neck to go his way and F#%& himself. I think once the 3 guys in tight shorts pulled up he knew he was in trouble as we are not skinny little guys on bikes as I was ready to pop him. Jeff was ready to take the keys and we would ride off and the dork wouldn't see his keys again as they would have been in a field some where. But other then that it was a 50 plus mile ride with Jeff pulling us along at 25 plus into the wind and Dan pulling as fast as Jeff. I had nothing and sat in as I still don't have the pop I had before the infection. Also everyone is in better shape so the pace is faster and that effects me. So thanks Jeff and Dan for pulling me. I rode the rest home and then it was yard work for the after noon and Cece took the kids to the pool.

I think tomorrow I'll ride over at Crystal Ridge for a couple of hours and take some tools and cut and clean some areas up for the race. I hope that everyone had a great day on the bike as it was a perfect day today. Maddie is going to a Wave game with her friend and Cece wants to go get new window treatments so I must go along or never hear the end. Nate is on his way to the basement to do a roller work out and then we will go after that. Later..

No comments: