Friday, August 05, 2005

Gun fight

Well the Thursday ride was a faster ride then the ones in the past few weeks. We had a large group of about 25 or more riders this week. It rolled out of the parking lot and was in control this week down Woods road. I talked to Jack and he said he was coming up for the ride, I didn't see him at the start and all of a sudden he appaers with Joe on the side of Woods road. I knew then the ride just got harder as the 2 of them know one speed, fast. When either one of them is riding alone it is much different and they seem to stay in control but when the 2 of them are together it is fast. Throw Jeff, Chuck and Aaron into the mix and the pace is fast all the time. There was times that I felt like just rolling off the back and riding in with the slower group but with mind set of not letting that happen and with the help of Dan and Russell I stayed with the group for the entire ride. So the knife fight goes to a gun fight with the fact of 2 riders showing up. It was fun and no idiots in trucks buzzing us on the ride and spewing profanities out the window at us. I'm not tired or sore so the fitness must be coming back after the hospital stay, I can only hope.

I don't have any plans for a ride this weekend but have the choice of several long rides. I could ride with Jerry and Jack and the gang but all I hear is Jack loves to drop everyone and ride hard from the gun (maybe). Danny wants to get a ride so maybe ride with him. Or Jeff wants to ride at least I don't have to drive anywhere if I ride with him. And Russ said there is a long ride with team Extreme in the afternoon. And last there is the WEMS race this weekend. I have done a few of the 6 hour but I don't know if I fell like doing that this week. Boy what is a guy to do? I'll just have to see where the chips fall.

Well good luck to all of you doing the WEMS and all the rides we can't do. Have a good one. Later..

No comments: