Sunday, August 21, 2005

O 2 S wrap up

Well got back to the cabin from the O 2 S at about 11:00pm. It was the most fun I had at a race in the longest time. Russell and I rode the entire race with Nate. He took 1st in his age group and was 126 out of over 892 riders. He was riding as hard as I have ever seen him ride and never let up. He did the 28 miles at a averag speed of 15.8mph. Not bad for a 11 year old kid. Russell and I finished at the exact same time of 1:46:12.7 so that was really cool. Oh yea Nate beat us both by .3 seconds. I was really fun to ride the race in zone 2 or 3 for the entire race and be able to look around while racing. We rode with Katie Antonneau and her dad for the first have of the race and she took first in her age group also. Cece and Barb raced to and both did well and had alot of fun also. Jerry was having a great race and then he broke his chain and then just finished the race but he was in good spirits. It was alot of fun as there was racers from every team and they all had good races. Next year I'm riding with Nate again and I hope that it is just as fun as it was this year.

We are up at the cabin for one more day and then it's back to Milwaukee for the start of school for the kids and back to work. I can't believe that the summer is over and that it's almost the end of the race season. We have 2 more nights of track and the CR time trials are almost over and the the night rides are going to start and those are the best rides that we do. I enjoy the night rides the most as they are laid back and just plain old fun. Also the pub crawls are going to start some and what can I say bikes and beer are alot of fun to. I have to get the kids to bed and start getting things ready to go home. Later..

No comments: