Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Riding at the ski hill

Well it was hot and muggy. Today at the CR time trial it rained just before the start and we raced 15 minutes late and it was hot and muggy. The trails were near perfect and the corners in a few spots were slick. The normal start up the hill and then the race to the single track. I don't start well and get stuck in a group that doesn't flow in the single track well. I waited and picked a few off at a time and then get my own pace going and start catching the ones in front of me and passed a few and then fall into my spot for the finish. I finished 2nd in my age group and then like 7th overall. As always Ron won it on his single speed. He is way to fast and I don't know how he did it as he raced in the 24/9 this weekend on his single speed. His team took 2nd in the pro-expert open and they were all on single speeds. Nate took 2nd today only a few seconds as he and Travis rode it together. He is going to train alittle harder the next couple of weeks as he is going to jump up to citizen for the rest of the year in the WORS series. I think he will do ok but he is in for a eye opening as he has not trained real hard for the last couple of weeks. He is going to hit it hard and try to get it going for the rest of the year. The Thursday group ride tomorrow and then see what the weekend has in store for some longer rides and miles. Tomorrow is Maddies 10th B-day so alittle get together over the weekend so have to fit in a ride around that to. Have to go and get the kids to bed. Later..

1 comment:

Ronsta, said...

Nice job last night and tell Maddie i said Happy birthday!