Sunday, October 16, 2005

10/16

Friday Russell asked me if I wanted to do a night ride as the weather has been so nice. What are you to say? Hell yea I'm there. So I got the lights and the boy and we did a night ride with about 10 of us. Nate did his first night ride and he did real well. We rode for 2 1/2 hours on the river trails in Tosa. Nate got a thorn in his tire so we had to stop and do a quick tube change and then the tube I put in had been in my seat bag for a while and had a rub hole in it. Russell gave me a new tube and we fixed again and headed off again. Nate loved the ride and wants to go on the rest of the rides when we do more of them.

On Sat Nate and I did the group ride from Hales Corners and he was a little tired after the night ride and it showed. The wind was strong and there was about 15 of us and we tired to keep Nate and Magan out of the wind as much as possible. They made the ride about 36 miles and a average of almost 17 mph. We had to push Nate a few times up some hills and keep him on wheels for the ride but he has taken the last couple of weeks easy because bmx training and racing starts. We will do a few more of the Sat rides until the bmx starts.

Easy ride maybe today but I have to get a few things done around here. I washed and waxed the car and truck yesterday but have to clean the insides out today. I may cut down the old junk in the gardens and do what ever else Cece has for me to do. I will try to sneak a ride in some time though. I passed on the cross race as Nate rode a lot the last couple of days and like I said bmx starts and he didn't feel like driving and all to the race. Plus I wouldn't race it anyhow as my running with my leg isn't worth it. I'll have to try to find out from Russell how everyone did later. The weather was perfect for racing but also perfect for just riding. So I hope everyone enjoyed and did well at the races. Later..

3 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Hmmmm, this format looks strangely familiar...
Nice, though.

Jay said...

It needed a little change and I hit this format. Opps I guess now I see it looks a little like yours. See you Sat. for the ride?

Ronsta, said...

Maybe. Sat nite for sure.