Thursday, October 20, 2005

Poor Gomez

We did another night ride last night. We had a group of about 12 of us. The pace isn't real fast with a group that size but that is ok because we are done with the hard efforts. Nate came on the ride again and his is just loving the night rides. We ended waiting a few times and lost a few for awhile. Nate dropped the single speeders on the road back to the bar. I know it won't be long and he will drop me to. I can't wait for that day. I have to thank Marty for the beer after the ride. I tasted great. Nate had a few root beers. I live for night rides.

Nate is going to go to the cross races with Russell this weekend. He wants to do the races and I have plans so Russ said he would take him to the race in Verona and in Chi town. He wants to race I'll pay and get him there some how. The kid loves to race a bike. I don't have the ability to do the cross races but he wants to do it so I can't say no.

I have a request to update a story of Russell's room mate the hampster known as Gomez. Well on the ride Russ said he had Gomez out for awhile in the back yard. I didn't ask if it was his back yard or the back yard, well you get what I mean. And I stopped by the shop and Russell told me that he was cleaning Gomez's crib so put the little guy on the top of the cabinet while he cleaned the crib. Well he turned his back for a few seconds and Gomez took a short walk off the end of the cabinet and hit the deck. He said it sounded like a hacky sack hitting the floor. He picked Gomez up and looked at him and said what the hell do I do now? Do I flush him or put him in the trash. Well all of a sudden Gomez shakes and wakes up. He finishes cleaning the crib and put Gomez back in and he hit the wheel and ran all night again. Good thing Russell doesn't have any kids with him all to often man he is just a dangerous guy. Hey wait I'm letting him take Nate to the races, oh yea Nate will probably take care of Russell.

Well tonight or tomorrow we are going to carve the pumpkins and roast the seeds. Have to go and eat. No ride tonight and a social ride on Sat so that is why Russ is taking Nate. Later..

5 comments:

DIHAF? said...

You might want to give Nate some instructions on piloting Russell's Buick Roadbastard Wagon. You never know who will be driving on the way home.

Jay said...

Nate can handle a pantoon boat and a few 4 whleers so that may help. I hope that Russell is to sore and drunk to drive.

Ronsta, said...

What time at Benno's?

Jay said...

I was just talking to Marty and he was thinking that he would hand the $ at the ride in the morning. But we will be back there around 8pm and I will grab yours and bring it there. Call me I will email you my cell number.

Ronsta, said...

Thanks!