Monday, October 10, 2005

Season over

Well we did all the races this year. All 4 of us in the family were able make them all. I don't want even figure how much entry fee's, gas, and all costed. But that doesn't matter if everyone was having fun and we are able to do it as a family. Can't wait until next year to start.

We the race was fun and perfect weather for a race. Maddie started it off and she was riding well and made all the hill climbs and rode down the hill to the log jump but she did ride around it. She finished 2nd on the day and 3rd overall for the year. She got better as the year went on and said she really enjoyed racing this year. I'm glad because if she didn't I would not make her race but she would have to go out for a sport at school.

Cece raced well and said she didn't have it in her today to go any harder in the race. Well if she would train alittle not just ride her bike on the days the races are she could do better. She took 3rd at the race and 2nd overall for the year. I'm going to get her to ride some this winter and get into a little better shape for racing next year.

Nate had a good race and he finished 6th. I seen him in the race and had to tell him that he needed to spin more as he was pushing a big gear. He finished first in his age group for cit youth 11-12 and did well in a few of the cit races winning one and taking a second in the other. Not bad for a 11 year old. Bmx starts in a few weeks and he will do a few cross races yet so he will be ready for next year.

For my race it started off good as I got the hole shot and got the 20 bones. I sat up and rode the most part of the first lap in first place. I was feeling real good and didn't mind any pace that was beening set for the race. On the second lap we caught some riders and some idiot tries to take the little gravel jump inbetween a few of us and goes down and I lock up my legs and they started cramping for the rest of the race. I loose contact with the leaders on the hill and try to chase them down but no go. One more racers passes me as I limp up the hill for the last time and I don't feel like sprinting him for 3rd I roll in a second or 2 behind him. I finished 2nd overall for the season.

Well next is the awards banquet and everyone is getting a season overall in the top 3 so that should be a great night. I heard that there are a few changes in line for next year so we will have to wait and see. I will drive 6 hours for the fat tire 40 but not to race up a ski hill in Minn. so the WORS head may not be repeated. Have to wait and see. Great job to all who raced and had good years in the overalls. Have to make the training plans and get the stuff in order to try to do alittle better next year. See you all at the banquet and at training rides this fall and spring. Later..

3 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Jay, when/where is the Metro social ride & CR awards this week?
Thanks

Jay said...

The Social/Party ride is 10/22/05 at 10:00 am at the UWM parking and ride lot off of East Capital and Humbolt Ave. Riding to bars and stuff in the north burbs. The awards are that night at Marty's Bar Beno's in West Allis.

We are having a night ride Tuesday 10/11/05 at 6:30pm at the bridge in tosa behind the Chancery. So bring the lights and ride with us. Eric the single speed mad man will be the leader.

Sarah Lukas said...

Thanks so much- it's been an awesome season- and I definitely hope cece will have more time for riding next year, she's awesome! See you guys-