Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Pumpkin farm

I will do anything to take a day off at work. Today I went to the pumpkin farm with Jessica's 4 year old kindergarten class. It was a fun time to watch the kids feed the animals and go through the hay wagon ride. They got to pick a pumpkin and Jessica picked a rather large one but that was cool as I could carry it out for her. I get to go to the pumpkin farm for another 5 years with her class so that is cool.

Tonight going to do a night ride and Nate is going to come again. He had a large school project to get done before Friday and has been working on it like 3 or 4 hours a night so he could do the night ride. I'm glad that he is enjoying the rides as it won't be long and he will be pulling my ass around on training rides. I can't wait for that to happen, until then it's pull him and enjoy every minute of it.

Haven't been doing anything lately as I had a school board meeting last night and did things around the house. This weekend is the fall social ride and going to do that as the racing is done for me until the bmx season starts. I'm just enjoying the rides with no pressure to train. The body needs a break and the cross races don't give you a break. Plus to travel and race the cross races and finish in the back half of the pack is not worth the time and money. Plus for Nate to race older kids isn't worth the time either. He has bmx coming up so that is what he is looking forward to anyhow. We can get good training in on the weekends for no money and time spent. When Nate gets older then we will reconsider if cross is something to do. There really isn't any thing in it to do the races anyhow. With the small fields and all I'll let Nate decide if he wants to do them.

Time to go rake the leaves and cut the grass. Then I'm going to lift weights and get the kids. I could get used to this no working stuff but with my hobbies and family it won't work. Later..

2 comments:

DIHAF? said...

Good update. Nate does really well on the night rides. He flows through the technical stuff very well He did get a little fed up with the pace when the single speeds ran out of gears on 76th and launched a solo attack.

You reports need to contain more news about Russell's hampster since his hampster for some reason doesn't have a blog yet.

Jay said...

Thanks I know that Nate is getting better each ride. He loves the night rides.