Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hitt'n the Deck

Yesterday I got up early and Cece and I got out and finished alot of the Christmas shopping as my parents took care of the punks. We hit the mall and a few other stores and got way to many things but what the hell you work to spend it. I plan on not leaving the punks much money when I expire anyways. My parents took The Boy to the bmx races and he took 2nd in age and 1st in cruiser. Cece and I went to the work party and got a nice free dinner and free beer. It was hard but I only had a few as I was racing today. I also won a gift card to BW3's. Today Nate and I headed to the bmx races and it was a rough day. We took home 3 3rd places. I made the main the hard way as I had to use a low high in the 1st turn in the 2nd moto and then made it stick to make it. I then was able to get the 3rd place finish in the main. Nate had a tough cruiser as he was racing up a age class and the other 3 guys are all experts and 13 years old. He got a good gate start in the 2nd moto and was able to pull a 2nd place finish to make the main. He then had a awesome gate and was sitting 2nd but the guy that passed him for 2nd is a NAG 7 in the nation in crusier and Nate was right on their wheels and made them work for their finishes. In his age he got bumped and ran into every moto by the kid who is just trying to take Nate out every time they race. In the first moto he elbowed Nate right into the other racer and Nate had to get his bars out of the other racers bike to get a 2nd. In the 2nd moto the kid came from gate 5 and ran into Nate in gate 7. In the main the kid then t-boned Nate in turn 1 and took Nate out so he finished 3rd overall. So it was a good weekend of racing and now next weekend is the last race for a couple of weeks and and the break will be at a good time to recharge.

1 comment:

TonyG said...

Nice work tho. I gotta get out to the shed soon.