Saturday, April 07, 2007

Frozen stuff


I called Danny this morning to make sure that I wouldn't be the only one showing up for the ride. He assured me that there would be at least 4 of us. I went and it turned out to be 8 fools riding in the cold. We decided that we would ride the Oak Leaf trail north and turn around because the wind was stiff and temps were quite cool out. It was a nice ride as Jeff kept the pace steady into the wind and the rest of us lined up behind for a good spell. We got to the Tosa end and turned around and rode home with the wind for most of the ride back. It was cool out as we found out as Danny got a flat and we stood around in the cold as he changed it. The start after the flat was cold but we only had about 20 minutes left. I did notice that Fast Guy Jeff was pushing Russell so I think Russell must have blown a taint or something as we were HAULING with the wind. It wouldn't be a ride if Jeff didn't push someone so he may have just been pushing someone to keep in pushing shape. After our 30 mile jaunt my toes were frozen, fingers were a tad bit cold and the water bottle was frozen at the top and very slushy. Also a few other things were very cold but kids read his site so I won't go there. I had to take the top off to drink it on the way home. The tingling has gone away in the toes and fingers so that is a good sign and the bottle thawed so I could drink it. Time to go and visit Grandma. Later..

No comments: