Friday, April 06, 2007

Windy riding

I have just been busy trying to do some things this week. I have had a minute or 2 to relax but I haven't used it to update the blog though. I did get off from work early yesterday to meet the guy that measured the windows and doors so he could order the new ones. We are going to have some of the widows replaced and the front and back doors done. We are also having to have the siding done. Then if any money left we are going to get the roof replaced. If not that may have to wait until next year. After that dude left the punks went down stairs and did their work out and I went to the beat down. There was only 4 of us for the ride as Russell left as he forgot his shoes. Danny, John B., Brian and myself went for a ride. It was windy and kind of cold but we did get a nice workout and I was pretty beat by the end. I didn't make it Benno's for the fund raiser as I wanted to get other things done. I ran to the Expo to see if I could get some new brake pads. No luck so I had to ride another day with the ones that were so worn out that all the slots were gone and the wear nubs were making noise every time I applied the brakes. I ran to Ben's today after the ride and got new pads and installed them and they are like butter again.

Today we did our Good Friday ride from Lenny's. It is the ride we have done together for the last 5 plus years together. There was a nice group of 6 of us today. Len, Russell, Rick, John< Nate and myself. It was another windy ride as we headed into the wind in the beginning and rode with it on the way home. I was so windy that Russell was pulling into it and pedaling down hill and he was only going 15 miles and hour. We got another nice ride in and now just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Time to run Nate to his friends house. Later..

No comments: