Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Were is my tablet?


Just sitting at work waiting for the IT department to get my note book up loaded with the updates and the new weights and measures program. They are wanting us to do all the work on a computer instead of the old faithful hand written paper. This is a project that started 4 years ago and some 1 million dollars later it is still a shit program. That is the way the Gov't works. But hey I still get paid and I'll do what ever they need to make the bosses happy. I do think it may make the paper trail easier down the road but the first year or 2 will be a royal pain in the ass. I hope I'm not the 1st to loose or break one. Later..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My work spends millions all the time on worthless software, even after they have been told by the peeps (me) doing the work that they are headed down the wrong path. Since then, I have proved their mistake...will they spend another mil to fix it...hell no, it's my problem now and they expect me and my group to live with it. It could put my department under...anyone have a job for me?