Sunday, August 05, 2007

Mud anyone?

The race today was everything that I knew it would be after the rain last night. We got to the race this morning and thanks to Jeremey for changing the tires on Nate's wheel's for the race. I had a set of Medusa's and the nice guy that I am I took the Kenda Karisma's. Enough said is that Nate rocked and took a 6th overall in sport, won age group and beat me by 5 plus minute's. I think the day that he beats me every race is just around the corner. I'm extremely proud of him and can't say enough how great he loves to ride and I love to ride with him.

Cece had a good race today as she took a 2nd in her age group after not feeling that good the last 2 days. She was tossing her cookies yesterday and not feeling to good this morning. She toughed it out and rode a smart race and looked good through out to the finish.

I had a decent race today considering the hills and mud really take the energy out of me and my bad leg. I had a good start and sat in 3rd for the first lap with Todd. On the start of the 2nd lap I got a gap on Todd and rode through the riders that I caught from the waves that started before me. I was hurting in the mud and hill s but plugged along. I also got stung by a bee on the 1st lap and being allergic to the that was all I was thinking for the rest of the race. I rode it out feeling the stinger the rest of the race and ended up finishing 3rd in age and 23rd overall. I'm happy that all 3 bikes made it without any broken parts and we all got spots on the box. Maddie didn't race as the mud and rain made her nervous and I said it was fine not to race. She was happy after seeing how muddy we were, me too as it was 1 less bike to clean and lube. For a race report on how the others did check here and here. Later..

No comments: