Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Still hurt'n



The leg is feeling better today as I put a wrap on it all day and the swelling was kept down more. The skin graft was not as tight do to the swelling of the leg so it was much more comfortable. The bruise is beginning to really show up and that hurts more then the large hole where the skin was torn up. The real good thing is that I don't feel the tare in the skin graft as I know that it would probably hurt otherwise. The bruise is was hurts as the muscle is really messed up. I still can't bend the leg or crouch down as it just won't let me. Maybe tomorrow or Friday that will come to me. The thing that is killing me is that I can't get on the bike. I just miss the riding and hope that come back soon. I just have to be patient and wait for the leg to heal.


Nate had football again and that is going pretty good. He had the best hit of the day as he drove the running back that weighs as much as I do back and dropped him. It was a great hit and the other coaches loved it. A few more of those and we will have to start calling him Jack Tatum. They started defence today and he needs some on the pass coverage but after a little work he will pick it up and he should be fine. He also was at running back and he was running the ball pretty good considering it was the first time. He also was hitting the holes nice and kept his moving and picked up yards after contact. It is fun to see. I'm helping coach now so that should be interesting but it is fun. Time for me to look at the play books so I can help out when I'm coaching. Later..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting better, that's good.
Riding is good for the soul and your one of the toughest riders out there. It was good to get to know you more this year.
w/respect
DB
sounds like your son got the toughness too !

Jay said...

Thanks Dan as it has been nice talking to you at the races also. I rode the spin bike and it hurt like hell. Hopefully it goes better over the weekend. The graft is still looking kind of bad but I hope that takes a turn for the better soon. Only time will tell as there is not a infection starting so that is good. Later..