Sunday, September 07, 2008

Race'n upnorth

The race was fun and bumpy. I enjoyed the course and the park were it was held. The staff that outs on the race does a great job and many thanks to them. The race was fun but I have to say that I need to warm up before the race. I noticed some front brake rub before the race and it took a few minutes to get it straightened out and before I knew it I had 5 minutes to the start. So much for a warm up. I was at the line and then the National anthem was going on and I had to run to the out house at the start, made it back as the wave before was leaving. what a rough start I have to say. Well we get the call ups and Don says GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and we are off. I try to settle in and see 3 Single Speeders go up the road as if Rob and I are standing still. I shake Rob a little later and set my sights on Dave. I catch him in the first single track and that was the last one I caught and I ended up in 3rd today. I catch Mitch and Nate about 1/2 way through the first lap. I hung on in the single track and then they dropped me on the flats. Then around a sandy corner Nate went down and Mitch got a gap and then he was gone. I was hanging on as Nate tried and finally got with in about a mile from the finish but Mitch gassed it and still hung on to take 2nd with Nate in 3rd. Myles killed it today and took another 1st place and looked great. These kids are going to be the ones to beat in a few years. It was fun and now the fat tire 40 is next. Man way to much travel to end the year. Later..

No comments: