Sunday, May 24, 2009

Race'n and Ride'n

The bmx racing last night was a blast. I was feeling good on the 20 inch, so good that I passed on racing it and raced the cruiser. I didn't make the main. I have to save the last 2 wins for Rockford Nationals and I can't hold back when I race and if I won that would put me on the bubble for the Nationals. Nate looked fast as ever even though he was sick and stayed in bed till we left. He was flying out of the gate and the other racers were asking what is going on with you and the gate? You are nailing it and looking good. He took a 2nd in cruiser ( age 20 and under ) and 4th in the 20 inch. He was racing a stacked class and looked good. Mikey and Sam were not ready to race when we got there but once on the track they were not coming off and raced great. Sam took a 1st and now has to race cruiser to save his win for Nationals, we gave him Nate's old cruiser to use. Mikey had a 1st place until he crashed on the final rhythm section and then had to settle for 2nd. Lenn took 2nd in the 20 inch and now has the fell for a fast and technical track. We will be having some fun in a few weeks that's for sure.

Today I got the bikes ready for the Ronsta ride tomorrow. I put some cross wheels on Nate's 29er and some 1.75's on my S Works. Hope that they are good for the 60 mile ride tomorrow. Then we hit the lake front and rode the trails along the bluffs. Nice to ride some single track and the tires felt fine. See you on the ride tomorrow. Later..

The 29er set up on cross wheels and tires.
Nate along the bluffs, the trail used to be about 10 feet to the right 6 years ago.

Nate on the trails on the cross tires.
The high speed car ferry coming in.

No comments: