Sunday, October 07, 2007

All Done

Today was the last WORS race of the year and the body is ready to be done. I really haven't had the time to get out on the bike since Rhinelander and the crash there. I have been able to ride the races but not do as good in them as I wished. That was OK as the first half of the race season I did OK and the results carried me through the year and I was able to hold onto 2nd even after the results failed me. Today I was sitting in 3rd and on the final lap I hit a root in a turn right after the hole shot area and my left pedal snapped in half. I had to ride with only the right leg clipped in and that being my damaged leg I went from 3rd to 12th by the end of the race. That was OK as I was getting tired and that just let me ride it in. Maddie had a good race and finished 3rd and that is good since she hasn't ridden her bike in over 4 weeks. She had 2nd place locked up but wanted her free socks and the only way to get them was to race. Nate had a good start and then ran into the back of another racer and hit his ribs on his stem and fell to 4th but rode back to end up 3rd at the end. He also had 2nd locked up so the race was just to ride today also. Cece didn't race today as she had to much school work and stayed home and got it all done as we raced. She also had 2nd locked up so she didn't race but I caught a pair of socks for her. Good season and glad it is over and we need the rest as cross and bmx are going on now. I will post pictures later as I had a guest taking pictures today. The battery is charging and I need to get back to the packer game. Later..

No comments: