Monday, October 08, 2007

Weights and Measures



Here is part of what I do at work. I pump 5 gallons from each octane and then look at the little glass window on the front and if the gas measures out + or - 6 inches in either direction the meter passes. I pump out 5 gallons but then measure it out in inches as there are 231 cubic inches in a gallon and the meter gets 6 inches of variance per 5 gallon draw. If the meter passes I then give it my seal of approval and then dump it back into the storage tanks. I know it's not a glory job like twisting nipples or having my feet up on the desk in my cubicle sleeping but it does pay the bills.

Tomorrow I do have to go to a Weights and Measures conference at The Great Wolf water park in the Dells. I do have to sit in the meetings for most of the day but after the meetings I'm going to try to get a ride in on some of the trails just outside of the Dells if it is not raining. Then I will hit the water park for the rest of the night. I do wish that it was not during the fall and I could take the kids but I will try to have fun any how. Time to pack for the water park. Later..

3 comments:

jwm said...

My feet might go on the desk, but I sure do not sleep. Cubicles and fluorescent lights with no windows, it isn't necessarily as glorious as it sounds.

-jwm

Christine said...

Sounds like fun to me the Dell's that is.

Anonymous said...

Nice funnel!