Monday, October 29, 2007

Inside and outside racing

Nate and I raced at the bmx track on Saturday night and it was fun to be back at the indoor track. The races were fun and it was a blast to race the guys again. Nate took a 2nd in cruiser and I took a 4th in the old man cruiser. Nate and I were both over geared as we had the gears from the outdoor season on and they were to tall for the tight indoor track. You need a gear that you can spin and get the hole shot or at least be there to contest the guys in turn 1 or you are done. I ordered some new chain rings today so we can dial in the right gears and have a few for the Grands also. There is gate practice this Thursday and we are heading there to get some time on the bmx bike.













































The rest of the pictures are of a lot of the people not all but a lot of them dressed in their costumes for the race. I do have many more and I will post them over the next few days. Nate was able to pull another win yesterday and now has won all the cross races so far this year. He is having a good year racing cross and having a blast racing with Mitch there at the races. Now it is time to get some extra miles on the bike for Nate as Grands are coming up and with football Nate has only been racing and no time on the bike in between the races. So I'm really surprised that he has been able to hold off the others with no real riding for the last 3 months. Man I wish I was young like him. Congrats to all the others that raced and see you at the next race. Later..






2 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

what gear did you go to, i was was thinking about go up in the back the the new step ups and the table out of the corner

Jay said...

I was pushing a 44x19. I will try a 42x19 this week.