Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beat down

Again I had the urge to do the beat down tonight and it was just that. The wind took some of the riders out early as there was no place to hide. The group rolled along and I was keeping an eye on Nate and he was at the front and in many cases he was pulling. But that is why I bring him so he can pull me around as I did it for the last 10 years. Finally I get some payback and it is sweet. I made it with the lead group till the long up hill and Dr. Rudy and I got gapped by about 3 feet and with the wind and the power in the group we were done. We rode together and about 6 miles later we sat up and another group caught us and then we motored in for the rest. It was a nice ride and in a few more weeks I should have the legs back and hopefully make in the lead group with Nate as he hasn't missed the break yet. Today he chased the lead group down with Rudy and me on the wheel to get back on it as he was in the back when the leaders took off. He learned today to sit near the front no matter what at certain points in the ride as the gaps form fast and then you are done. But he looked good today. Well now I have to go over his mtn bike and get ready for Iola. It will seem weird to be watching but I really don't no if I will miss it. I guess I will see come Sunday. Later..

No comments: