Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beat up

The shoulder has a lot less pain everyday and that has helped but it is still weak and I can't lift it upward. But that is OK as I can push down and the Dr. has given me the OK to ride the bike outside so that is what I did. I got a ride in before the PT today and that helped loosen up the shoulder and I got good range of motion today. So after the dentist appointment and getting Jessica I called Joe and he brought a one of his spare road bikes to the beat down and we set it up for Nate and he rode it and I rode the Tarmac. I have to say that I was a little nervous as this was only like the 6th time I have rode outside and I rode earlier in the day. But I rolled out and hung on till the Fox River hill and then rode the rest of the way with Pat, Carrie Ann, Jessica, Steve and then Matt for a the rest of the ride. I was surprised that I made it as long as I did and I was glad that I made it to back. I am beat and have a long ways to go but it felt great to ride in a group again. I have to say that riding alot of the ride with mainly one hand and the other one just resting on the bars because of the bad shoulder made it a little tougher and that is fine as all my rides are that way with the bad leg. But I hope to make a few more soon. Now I need to go to bed as I can hardly keep my eyes open. Later..

No comments: