Friday, August 05, 2011

Rolling along

Yesterday was Maddie's 16th Birthday. Holy Crap where is the time going? Nate is 17, Maddie 16 and Jessie is going to be 10. Wow.

Just been riding along as I have to with Nate being gone again to North central road camp. But the miles have been clicking and the rides have been nice at a pace of enjoyment instead of blistering fast all the time. Not that I don't like that too. Nate said that camp is going good other then a few crashes that have happened that he was not a part of for once. But the crashes did take a few of the other riders for a ride to the hospital which never is a good thing. I know that Scott is out and pretty banged up but the other rider that was involved I have no information on other then he was in the need of some stitches to his face area.

I did skip the gun show as I went for a ride early to beat the rain and I did by about 10 minutes so I am thinking that the gun show was rained out. Then on Wednesday I was rolling through Grant park and I ran into Kyle and Sara riding to the Wednesday night races at the Alpha trails and I rode most of the way there before turning and heading home. It was a nice ride and I enjoyed the company on the ride out. Then yesterday was the beat down ride and again it was a nice group and the pace was steady fast and a fun ride again. I can't believe that the summer is almost over and the rides will be done. I will miss the rides as that is one of the highlights of the week. I may have to get some new lights as the night rides will be starting soon and those are blast too.

Nate is coming home from camp tonight and heading straight to Elk Grove for the race tomorrow. Nate is staying with Scott and a few other teammates so they should have a good time and hopefully a good race. Well see you on the road. Later..

No comments: