Wednesday, June 21, 2006

1st day of summer

Well for the first day of summer it sure came in with a bang. The wind and rain this morning was cool. I got up early as Len was dropping a Fork off so I could buy it and put it on The Boy's mtn bike. The one he had on the bike was not working that good any more and the brake mounts were stripped out. Russell had made them work by putting some lock tight and plumbers tape on the bolts and that held up for now. But going to NORBA nationals in a couple of weeks we needed some thing more reliable and I bought the fork. It is a Rock Shock Duke with lock out on it also. The Boy should like that and I left the steer tube longer so I can put it on the next bike he gets. He and Cece are out for a ride right now testing it out. Also it should get the true test this weekend as Nate and Travis are doing the 6 hour duo.

The fingers feel pretty good but they are a little stiff today. I don't know if the weather has anything to do with it but the feel sore and stiff today. Oh well maybe they will feel better later or tomorrow. The Boy and I hit the track last night and he had a good night as he took a 3rd and a 4th. I rode around for an hour and then took my place in the infield helping by telling at the racers to where they were in the races. They all looked good as Jerry got a 4th in the main and the B Dog had a few high places again. Len had a few nice high places again. Aaron also was blowing the others away in the sprints. Everyone on the team looked good again this week. So if you have time you need to come down and see some good racing at the track on Tuesday nights.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the shop again as I'm going to put a cruiser together for Jerry as the bmx track should be ready in a few weeks and now he can come and hit it up with us. So if you don't have a bmx bike yet it's time to get one and come and join the rest of us and hit the track. It should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks. They may also have a few rider info nights and then some gate practices. They may even try to get a few races in this year also. Just have to wait and see. Time to get something to eat. Later..

1 comment:

TonyG said...

can't wait for the bmx track. although, I heard from Bryan D that all the guys involved are going to be away for a few weeks now, so it may be a little longer till it's finished.