Thursday, June 15, 2006

Getting to the Rock


We rode the CR time trials last night. As we got there I got the kids ready and then took a lap for the first time with the fingers splinted up. It was tricky as I didn't have the full use of the rear brake and the abilaty to hang on real well witht the right hand. I also didn't support the fingers as well as I could have and that limited me. I figured a way to support the fingers better so more riding to come after the weekend at Rockford Nationals. I put the front wheel on Nates bike and told him like 3 times to check it do you think he would? Hell no and it vibrates loose and he has to stop and gets passed by Travis and ends up 2nd. What a bummer. Maddie had a blast and rode a couple of laps and enjoyed riding her bike.

Aslo at the track we got a chance to look at the BMX track that is being built and it is looking sweet. The Track should be ready for the final smoothing out in the next 2 weeks and then it may be open for some riding shortly after that. Get your bikes now and give it a try. But as the ones that arre making the track say right now stay off untill they say it is ready as you could cause problems and make it longer for the rest.

Today Nate, Skyler and myself are going to the bmx track in Rockford for some National tune up racing. We are going to spend the next 4 days racing there and hoping for some good results. I'm hoping that the rain and all holds up and we are able to race the entire weekend and that Nate will ci=ome home with some great results.

The girls are going to go upnorth with my parents and spend 10 days there so that should be a nice break and no fighting at home. The only thing is that there is a bear running around the cabin so they will have to have my parents around at all times. Also sending Maddies bike up there with them also. Maddie is looking forward to riding it with my parents so that is good thing, so I hope she rides it often and hard. Next week is the 12 hour at Crystal Ridge and Nate and Travis are thinking about doing the 6 hour dou again so that should be fun to watch. Also I will work there and help out so come and ride and work PLEASE.

Time to get the bikes and stuff packed and get Skyler and head to the Rock. Later..

1 comment:

Ronsta, said...

Good luck guys!