Sunday, June 25, 2006

New Crap going on

Friday was a day of having Lunch with Russell, Ronsta and the Boy. We ate a all you can eat Mexican buffet. A meal that would cry if Randy walked in but we did so some damage to the food that they laid out. I ate to much and suffered as I went to the Crystal Ridge 12 hour course to trim the branches that were hanging in the trail. I then made it up the top and helped Al and Coop finish marking the trail for the race.

Sat got up early and helped at the Metro 12 hour race. I sat on the hill and yelled at dump truck drivers to slow or stop to allow the racers to come through. I had to yell at a idiot to slow or stop and he looked at me and said my tires are bigger then yours and I'm not. The nice guy that I am I got in his face and he slowed and stopped every time. Another idiot drove up and wanted to get into it with a truck driver because he flipped him off. I nicely told told the guy to leave or he would have had a bigger issue if stayed. He left also to avoid the bigger problem about to happen. After the trucks stopped I had time to get Nate ready for his 6 hour duo with Travis. Last year they won the race but this year there was more teams and faster guys also. They put up a good race and finished 3rd over all in the 6 hour duo. Ronsta and Tbone won the race and another duo beat Nate and Travis by 5 miutes. Not bad for a 11 and 12 year old kids. For Nate's good finish Russell and I took him to Hooters for some wings.

Today John picked me up and we drove to Sammi's house for a group ride. The group was a good size group and a good pace for 50 plus miles. The pace was even and comfortable for the entire ride. We were going to ride to East Troy and back. On the way out we ran into some rain and then changed directions and kept out running it. We were able to avoid the rain for most of the ride and never got caught in a down pour. After the ride Dave and Connie cooked up some brats and good eats for us. We ate and had a few beers and now it is time to start my grill and eat more.

Just registered all of us for the race this coming weekend in Eau Claire. Yes I'm going to race and just finish to get a few points. I'm not going to take any chances but hope to have a good finish and get a few more points. We are going to head up on Thursday and stay by my brother's house for the week and come back home for a few days before we head to California for the NORBA nationals. So that is the new crap going on. Later..

No comments: