Sunday, June 11, 2006

2 Old men and 2 Kids

The team of Russell, Bubba, Megan, and Nate took a 5th at the 12 hour race. They raced the 12 hour open and all of them did it on single speeds. Good job guys. Nate also did his laps in a hour or less on the single speed. Good job to all the other racers also.

With Nate getting home later then expected we didn't head to Rockford for some bmx racing. I hope that it doesn't rain on Wed so we can get some practice gates in before the Nationals. Nate just needs to push it in the turns and make sure that no one comes under his line and he should do fine. We will be heading there on Friday and racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Got a bigger gear on the 20 inch and hope that will help also as he was spun out the last race we did there. Just hope that he makes all the mains and we will go from there.

Time to wash the car and truck and get the trail a bike hooked up to the single speed as Cece wants to get Jessica to try to ride it with her. I'm not going to try it but maybe I will ride the mtn bike behind her. I will get on the spin bike later and get another ride in also. I'm hoping to come back in as good or better shape then I was before I hurt myself. Only time will tell. Later..

2 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

If you ever get bored I highly recommend crocheting. It's hours of endless fun by making potholders and blankets for family and friends. I'm trying to figure out how I can crochet while biking I've become so into it. Hands looking great so get better. See you at the races.

The Shed Master said...

I would highly recommend croqueting. It's hours of endless fun whacking a ball with a wooden mallet. It's best done with a few beers.