Tuesday, June 20, 2006

4 weeks




It has been 4 weeks since the gate tried eating my fingers. The stiches have been removed and now the cuts have healed shut and the dried skin is pealing off. I have been trying to move the fingers per Doctors orders and it has been a slow and minor painful process. The fingers are pretty stiff and the pinky has very little flexiability but I'm hoping that it will get some to most of it's movement back. I'm hoping that I will be able to ride the bike and race in a few weeks.

Enough of the fingers as I did a road ride with Russell, Bubba, Coop and Ann last night. It was a great feeling to be out on the road again. I'm going to ride at the track again tonight and do a few laps before the CR Time Trial tomorrow if it's not rained out. If it is rained out The Boy and I will do a nice long road ride instead. I think that I may even try to do the Thursday road ride this week. Just have to see how things fall into place later in the week.

The 12 hour race at Crystal Ridge. I'm going to go and mark the trails this Friday and work there on Saturday. I'm going to take a few hours off in the afternoon and ride a few laps and then help for the end of the race. So if you are not planning on racing get a ride in early and come and help. Even if you are racing coming and give a few hours of work before or after the race. See you there.

I stopped by to see how the BMX track was looking and it is cool to see all the bumps and jumps laid out. Now the real work will be starting and the track should look real cool in a few weeks. I think some drainage in the corners are a must as they were holding a ton of water and now is the time to put that in or there will be a ton of issues down the road. But hey I hope that they know they are doing and get it done right the first time that they do all this work once and save alot of time and money the first time through. Later..

3 comments:

The Shed Master said...

I still don't see what all the crying was about.

Anonymous said...

Wow the hand looks good.
Bonnie

Kevin O' said...

Jay,

That is starting to look like a hand again. Believe me, bro ... it hurts like hell when you first start working those little bones, muscles and tendons back into shape after a month or two lapse. It'll be plenty sore and not terribly strong ... but, progress can be made. I think you and I had a chance to talk about the K-Wire job the surgeons did on my hand a couple of weeks ago when we chatted at Milwaukee BMX. Speaking of Milwaukee BMX ... shoot your e-mail address to ko_motion@hotmail.com so that I can add you to the distribution list of the blog site. Kevin O'