Monday, March 31, 2008

Not Fooling

Just another rainy crappy Monday. The rain has got me down, work has got me down. I can deal with the rain but work is getting to me. The thing about work is that they are starting a new dress code. To me that means that I have to start wearing Dockers and polo shirts with Health dept logo while I test gas pumps and scales in factories. I don't mind but I'm going to ruin pants left and right. Looks like I may have to hit the 2nd hand store to keep up with keeping pants in work shape. This all changed because a few of the personal that work in the office all day didn't think that wearing shirts that are mid drift cut, sleeveless, show cleavage ( I didn't mind this one ) pants that are to tight or show there butt cracks was OK in the office. The top boss didn't like any of this so he is making all personal in the Health dept now wear only pleated pants and polo shirts, or button shirts with a tie. My boss said that they were thinking of the staff that stays in and not us that go in the field and that we are lumped in and that they aren't making any exceptions to the new dress code for now. I bought some new pants today and now I'm just waiting for my new shirts from the city. This just blows as I liked my Carharts as they wore forever and cleaned up great after getting trashed every day at work. I guess if I like getting paid and I do, I wear the pants and shirts that they want. Oh well I will be the best dressed gas meter tester in the state. Have a great Monday. Later..

No comments: