Saturday, March 29, 2008

Riding the day away

Today Nate, Theo and I headed to Kenosha to ride with the kids. We were joined by Mitch, Gage, Jeremey, Jerry, Lori, Bdog,, Lenny, Danny, Dan, Jeff, Bob. It was a nice stroll in the back country of Kenosha. About 15 minutes in Lenny was bonking so he let the air out of his front tire and we had to stop and wait to fix that. He finished strong though. We then got a little heat from 4 dogs and had to ride around them as they were running along with us down the middle of the road. We out ran them and then is was smooth sailing until the turn around for the kids and the others. I thought about turning around and maybe I should have as I went with Jerry, Jeremey, Bob and Lori for some more abuse. We went to the Lyons and hit the hills and that put me in the hurt locker and shut the door. Those hills are a tad longer and steeper then the ones around here. I rode my pace and they were nice and waited at the end for me, thanks guys. We then turned into the wind and road it home. I sat on the wheels and I have to say thanks as they pulled me home as I was cramping in the bad leg. I was able to ride them off but it still hurt. I have a long way to go if I think about any longer rides then 3 hours right now. Well at a pace that the fast guys go at least. Danny and Lenny and the others were nice to get the kids back and they had a blast riding with the group today. Thanks guys for getting them back as I went in for more pain.

Tonight Nate, Theo and myself are going to the Moto Cross show at the Bradley center. That should be a fun time. Tomorrow Nate and I are racing the last day of indoor bmx for the season. Theo is coming along to see what the little bike racing is about. I think that he will like it and who knows maybe he will try it down the road. Well time to get ready for some freestyle Moto Cross. Later..

No comments: