Friday, March 21, 2008

Do you hear that?

Sitting here at my parents place in the middle of the woods in Rhinelander. You step outside and you don't hear a thing. No cars, sirens, nothing not a thing. Well you hear the kids fighting and yelling at each other every now and then but nothing else. I love it.

Well after the Beat Down ride Nate and I got home showered. We loaded the truck and then we were on the road in less then 40 minutes as Cece and the girls had everything else ready. I was a uneventful drive up as we wanted to out run the snow. I managed to keep the red and blue lights off my tail by keeping the speed to a nice 5 over and the fools that didn't caught the attention of the State Patrol. I have driven late may times and never seen as many State Patrol out from 10pm till 1am in all the years of travel. I seen at least 8 from Milwaukee to Wausau with 6 of them pulling someone over that just flew past me Why drive faster as I would have only gotten there what 10 minutes sooner maybe? Or get a ticket and get there 30 minutes later and 180.00 poorer and 4 points less and higher insurance premium. I elect the 5 to 7 over and just enjoy the fact that each kid has a Ipod and personal DVD to keep them silent. We got here about 12:45am and unloaded the truck and then sat around and talked for about and hour and went to bed.

Now just sitting here and getting ready to go outside and shovel some snow off the ice for a place for the kids to skate. They may also snow hoe as there is still about 2 feet of snow in the woods. We may try to get the snowmobiles out if time allows also. Time to get out and clear the ice. I hope that we don't get to much snow at home as Nate's friend Kyle is going to clear it for us as we won't be home. If it is over 10 inches I will have to double the pay for him clearing my walks. Have fun shoveling. Later..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not allow your kids to snow "hoe" especially in the nort woods. They are to young to be in the business.

Jay said...

The snow hoe up here is the queen in any town near Milwaukee.

old 'n slow said...

You definitely owe poor old Kyle a few bucks more for this one - really heavy wet 12 + inches and it's still snowing. Possible final totals predicted to 15" or so.

John