Monday, March 03, 2008

Short week

This week is going to be a short work week for me. I'm going to be going up to the Eagle River area as a chaperon for Nate and Maddie's class at a conservation camp. Last year I couldn't swing the time off so my Dad filled in. All of Nate and Maddie's classmates loved him. But this year my parents are spending part of the winter in Florida and won't be back in time so I'm going. I know the classmates will be bummed that I'm filling in as my Dad was a lot of fun from what I heard. I hope that I have as much fun that he did last year with a bunch of screaming kids. We head up on Wednesday morning and then spend time learning about logging trees and then replanting the harvested trees to have for later use. The kids are also going to snow shoe and do a bunch of other outdoor learning classes during the week we are there. We are heading home Saturday afternoon and should be home by dinner time. Then Sunday it will be the State qualifier at the bmx races for Nte and I. Even though I will have to spend 4 days with 22 kids it will be a better time then 3 days of work. Later..

No comments: