Sunday, May 09, 2010

Bmx style in Rockford.

Nate pulling a manual over the double out of turn 1.
Another manual but on his cruiser this time.
Flying in turn 2 on his cruiser.
Coming in for a landing into turn 2.
Fred and Savannah playing games in between moto's. Pictures taken by Sam.


Well today after a awesome stay a the Yanke house last night Fred and I got up and made breakfast for Tammy and the kids. Then it was pack the bikes and kids and hit the Rockford BMX track for some racing the little bikes. It was an awesome day for some racing and getting together with some really great people at the bmx races again. We were all getting reading ready and then I heard a big crash and grabbed Tammy as she is the track Medic and we helped Shelby up as crashed hard and earned a trip to the ER. Well then Jake was short 1 worker as Shelby's Dad was gone now. So I asked Jake if he needed a hand and I was then put in the staging area. That was OK but then I missed all of Nate's qualifier moto's in the process. But then Shelby came back with a messed up knee and maybe a broken bone in her hand. So then Shelby offered to take over and Rachel helped her after her race so I could catch Nate's mains. It was nice as Nate took a 3rd in cruiser, 4th in the 16 and under cash open and then a 5th in in 20 inch class. In all a good day of racing and fun time seeing everyone. Thanks for the great pictures again Sam as I was stuck in staging and didn't get any. Now tomorrow back to the norm of exercising my shoulder and some more PT. Later..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam felt bad you didnt get to see most of the races so hope the pics help :-D

Jay said...

Tell Sam thanks. I seen Jake walking around a little frustrated that Shelby's Dad had to leave to take her to the ER leaving him short. So I asked him there was anything I could do to help? He said yes would I do staging. Crap I thought, as I was hoping for track side but I said OK. So the pictures helped alot. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Well that was nice of you and you did a good job too :-D

Jay said...

Never did it before and once I figured how the moto's moved up it wasn't that bad. It was nice that Rachel and Shelby took over right before Nate's mains and I got to watch those at least.