Thursday, September 02, 2010

Just in time

I was in the bubble as to do the Beat Down tonight or ride right when we got home. I watched the weather and was still thinking ride early and get it over with and not take the chance that we get rained on. But I asked Nate and he said that he wanted to do the group ride so that is what we did. It was a light turn out as I think some were afraid that the rain was coming and that it would be dark before we finished. But with Joe, Nate and Mike at the ride the pace was rather quick and about half way through Joe, Nate and Jack drilled it up a hill and were gone. Jeff pulled us up to the group but I was fried and as a few others joined in they were gone again and then the rest of us stayed together and rode in together a minute back form them. But the good thing is that we missed the rain and it got dark shortly after we finished. But next week the ride goes off at 5:45 to make sure we finished before the light goes away.

Tomorrow is a furlough day and Jess has off so we will hang out together. But she will have to go to the bike shop for awhile as I have a few things to do to Nate's cross bike. Also we have a few other errands to run so we should have a full day together. Hope the rain ends later in the after noon so Nate and I can get a ride in and then enjoy the holiday weekend. Later..

No comments: