Sunday, December 04, 2005

12/4

Nate and I went to the BMX track today and had a fun day at the races. We ran into Ron and hung out with him for the day. Things where going real good and then a crash, I'll get to that later. Nate made some great moves in his races and made the mains in his age, open and cruiser. He won his age and the took 3rd in the cruiser and a 5th in the open. He looked way better after the pointers that Ron gave him. I wish that I had the skillz to pick up the things Ron tells us. One more win and Nate moves up you intermediate. I think he will do alright but he will have to get the manuals and the jumping better or he will be toast. I think he will do fine though. I took another 3rd place. I'm racing 2 former pro racers but it is still a blast.

Now to that crash. Ron made the mains in both age and open. He was a little PO'd about a dude that rode like shit during gates and qualifiers. So Ron is riding great and in 2nd and jumping the double and the dude comes under Ron and hit's his bars. Ron plants his foot in the ground and goes down and his ankle is goofed up. No place in open class for Ron and he was doing great. He ices it and goes to the gate and rides to the line and gets a 3rd. It really sucked because he was doing great. Hope every thing is good and he is able to get up and going fast.

Russell said that he and Pat had a good cross race in Chicago. Pat got a 10th and Russ a 16th. Way to go guys. I have to say that I was a little tight in the shoulders after the ride yesterday. But in BMX the races are fast and the soreness was no problem. The work party was ok and I won a gas card. I don't know how much but I don't think it was enough to fill the Excursion. Well time to read the paper and relax before putting out a few Christmas items. Later..

No comments: