Friday, December 09, 2005

More Snow

We went to the BMX track and did gate practice last night. I love going there when it is snowing outside as the parents who I smell the beer on as I pass are afraid to drive and have been drinking. That means that the little kiddies are at home getting Pop's another cold one instead of riding their bikes. It gives a chance to run open gates all night. Last night Jake even let us run about 15 to 20 minutes extra so that is cool. So gates for 2 plus hours meands you are tired at the end and sleep real good.

Russell drove in the road bastard and the pure weight of that thing just kept us on the road as on the way there the snow was coming down and Russ's speed was a steady 80 plus. The way back you know Russell is concentrating when the Boy is offering him candy and Russell is saying I have to keep 2 hands on the steering wheel you have to unwrap that for me. We made it back in one piece and Russell is a fine driver at that. Thanks for the ride.

Russell broke in the new BMX bike that he put together last night. I felt bad by the look on his face as the Boy rode by it for the maiden voyage on the track. I have to say if he were 18 and not 11 Russell may have jumped the wall and tore his sorry ass off the bike. Russell is looking better each time he is out there. A few more weeks and then he can maybe try a race with us. Last night Russ did have the mad skillz to not ride over a 5 year old girl who rode him up the side of turn 2. I think that if Russell hit her she would never ride a bike again. Also Russell had to avoid the speed bump that appeared on the course. Ray, Dan and myself were going into turn 1 stacked 3 high and Ray hit the pebbles and got sideways and Dan hit Ray's rear wheel and hit the ground and I rode high to not hit him and Russell missed to. It was a fun night at the track. The Boy is getting better and he has to as one more win and he moves up.

This weekend we have races Sat and Sun. It is the last time to get points for the year and it was a good year since we only race the winter and the rest race year round. Nate and I both have a good amount of points and should get low numbers for next year. I hope that Ron and his bumb wheel are healing and that he is up and peddling soon. If you can get around Ron maybe you can come and watch the races. I hope that the Sat ride with the gang is fun, I will be thinking of them at the races. Later..

No comments: