Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bye 2005

Well the year went as good as I could have wished. I set some goals and did as good as I could to reach them. I hoped to be in the top 3 in age in WORS and ended up 2nd overall. Done. I wanted to win a race and won 2. Done. I wanted the Crystal Ridge race to be the win and I got that as a win and it was the most gratifying win of the year. Done. I also was 3rd overall in a race in sport at the Sunburst race, maybe the mud had something to do with it but that was a great race also. I won the race at the line taking it by a missed turn and myself paying attention and racing hard until the finish. Also raced the track and had more fun this year then in the past. I enjoy the track but it is getting harder and may have to play Dad and get the kids ready more then race myself. I did the Parkside races in the spring but not every weekend as we were racing the BMX also. I raced the BMX and really like it. I plan to race the BMX for a long time as it isn't as demanding as the other types of racing.

Nate had a great year on the bike again. He won every race in the WORS cit youth and locked it up and moved up to cit after 7 races. He also did well after moving up. He won the Crystal Ridge race also and was like 17th overall. He raced the BMX also and won the first 5 out of 6 races he did. We bought a cruiser and he raced that to get the skills better and then this year he raced both and moved to intermediate after the first 3 weeks. Thanks Ron for helping us at the BMX track. He raced cross, road and the track again and did well in all. The Boy can ride a bike and he loves it.

Maddie raced the WORS series this year and finished 3rd in age. That was great and she enjoyed hanging out with the other girls after the races. She also raced the road and track. By the end of the track season she was doing great. I hope that she keeps getting better and stays in the saddle.

Cece raced the WORS series and finished 2nd overall. That is amazing that the fact that she never road her bike except at the races. I hope that she continues to ride more and even move up. But what ever she wants to do.

Tonight we are going to Indy to race at the track in Hobart at Midnight. It now will be myself, Nate, Russell, Samantha, Skyler, Dave, Katlyn and maybe Jeff getting into the truck. A little tight be should make it. Then after the racing it will be come home and nap then out to Walworth for New Years day racing. It will be a fun day of racing and trying to stay awake for a couple of hours Sunday night.

As for the plans this year I really don't have any set in stone yet. But will do some thinking in the next couple of weeks and let you all know. Have fun and hope everyone had a good year and even a better New Year. Later..

2 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Good job this year guys and good luck next year.

Jay said...

Thanks Ron.I know the others will keep getting better and I'll keep trying. Good job to your year also.