Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy BMX New Year

Well we went to the race in Hobart Indiana. We loaded the Excursion with 6 bikes and headed out. The kids (Nate, Samantha, Skyler and Russell) watched a movie while Dave took care of handing me the toll money(thank you Russell for the coins). We left at 6:45 to make sure we got there in time for some gates. We got there with 2 plus hours of gates. At midnight the action started and it was fun. When the dust settled and a few of us picked ourselves up off the ground and it was a good night. Nate took 2nd in age, 2nd in cruiser and made the main in open. I took 3rd in cruiser. Samantha took first in cruiser. Skyler took 3rd in age. Russell took 3rd in cruiser in his first bmx racing. Props to all as everyone brought home some hardware. We got home at 4:15am and I put the clothes in the washer, cleaned up and hit the sack.

Got up dried the clothes at 8:30 and got some food in me. Got the Boy up feed him and got the truck repacked and headed to Walworth for another fun packed day of bmx racing. Nate only wanted to race age and not the open or the cruiser. Fine with me. He raced the first moto and the guy next to him hits the dirt. Nate had to hit the brakes and had to ride the next moto to make the main. In the next moto he took the hole shot and the same guy who crashed before tried to take Nate down again. They brushed elbows again and Nate pushed off and made the main. In the main Nate finished 3rd and did a great job. I had to ride 2 motos to make the main. I finished 2nd in the main out of 5. I felt way better and I think I'm more comfortable racing each week. My starts are better and I'm riding a lot smoother each race.

Sorry I missed the ride yesterday but with the driving and racing I wanted to get rest and not be tired. I will try to make some of the other Saturday rides in the next couple of weeks. I hope that all of you didn't drink to much last night and had a good night. Time to read the paper and relax. Later..

No comments: