Sunday, January 15, 2006

Spank'n

Today The Boy and I went to the BMX races. Nate was tired and thinking that it would be a great day not to go. We got home from the party at about 10:30 and they went right to bed. I let Nate sleep until he got up so I figured he had enough sleep. Well we ate and headed out to the races anyways. We got there to do the open gates and then got a fair amount in the age and class gates. In the practice gates he was flying and I knew if he hit it he would be doing just fine. Nate raced the age and open today and we left his cruiser in the basement so he only had to race the 20 for once. He made the main in the open against a stacked all expert field, there was 12 guys and he placed 6th. He had a fun 1st moto in age as he got a great gate start and then backed off a little and let the kid who has been beating him by. Nate pushed him him all the way through the moto and the kid hit the deck out off turn 3 to try to not the Nate by. Why I don't know because Nate wasn't going to go by as they were taking the top 2 and they were way in front. So Nate takes a first and that kid has to race another moto to make it, he does making a great main. Nate myself and Dave talked to Nate about just hitting the gate and never looking back. Well in the main he does just that and blows the entire field away. He was finishing as the others were coming out of turn 3. So Nate has his first Intermediate win and the others I think have a lot to worry about as I think Nate is going to be winning a lot more often soon.

I raced today also and took 2nd and had to fight every inch of it. In the first moto I was a little off and had to do the low high in turn one to get past John. I did and was sitting good and then I hit the rhythm area and that's when it fell apart. I don't know what happened but I got all messed up and almost lost it. John caught up and went past right before turn 3, so then I hit the gas and got by him and took a 2nd. In the next moto I got in 2nd and then I lost my mind for a bit and let up for a second and then John got by into turn 2 and I tried to get by him in turn 3 not happening without a mess so that left us tied for the main. I got my best gate start of the day and was right behind Bryan and took 2nd for the day.

Skyler was there today and took a hard and smart fought 1st place. She had to pull a good gate and then hit it and she is way smoother the Chyane. She did that took the 1st in grand fashion. Skyler is getting real fast and her skills are looking great. Samantha didn't race today as she did a road ride.

Tomorrow is a off day at work to celebrate Martin Luther Kings day so maybe Cece and I will go out for lunch as the kids are in school and get some chores done. We have some things to get done so it will be a good day to do those chores. I may even try to get a road ride in, just have to see. Have to go as Cece needs to type some school stuff. Later..

4 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Awesome job guys! Nate is rockin it and taking 2nd to oldman Dickerson isn't anything to complain about either.

Jay said...

Thanks Ron. It has been a blast and we are enjoying the change of pace for a while. Nate has been ripping it up at the track and only getting faster and better each week. I'm not complaining about taking a second to Bryan. That guy can fly. He has been winning the expert class for the last couple of weeks also.

tosacrosser said...

Wish we could have been there today but with one father in law in the hospital and one kid pukin' it was a no go. Props to The Kid for his first inter win.

DIHAF? said...

That is great progress. Not too shabnby for the old man either. Make sure he gets a little break in the action here and there as butrnout is the number 1 problem for juniors. We have seen plenty of young promising riders quit. It seems like Nate is pretty bought in to the bike thing though. Probably won't be an issue.