Friday, January 13, 2006

Why?

Why do I enjoy the bike? I was sitting and thinking why do I ride and race the bike. I enjoy the time with the family the most and the time that I get to ride with my friends and the last is the racing. I really enjoy seeing the kids on the bikes. Like last night watching Nate get better each week at the bmx track. He is really handling the bike well and I think that he will only get better and have the other kids chasing him in expert in no time. Then watching Maddie who is at times a struggle to get to ride liking the bmx riding. She fell yesterday and got back up and didn't even want to stop riding. She is getting better each week and I hope that she sticks with it. Maybe we will see her race yet. Then I like to see the other kids, Sam as he is like 5 and doing really good this year. Then Maddie who also fell a few times but is right back out there. Skyler who just rides fast and looking real good again this year. Then there is Samantha who is just plain old fast on everything that she has to pedal. I have seen her riding from when she was little and she is going to go some where with her skills. This is the best part of being around the bike.

As for riding with my friends I enjoy it because of they keep it all in perspective. The different abilities helps us all work together and most time respect the differences. Some times we do let the fast ones know that they are fast and the slow ones that is the fact also. But in all I couldn't train and race with out the friends that make it a purpose to do.

The reason I ride is because I enjoy the pain and the drain that the bike causes. I can't get the same feeling from doing any other sport or game. I ride to keep my mangled body in shape and to have a reason to get up everyday. My family will always come first but the bike will go infront of many other things that others don't understand or refuse to. My family is very understanding and will plan family gatherings around the races that our family does, so they have come to accept that we will racing then doing the family thing. As it goes I don't need to ride I have to as it keeps me sane and happy. Not that I have to ride long hours or 1oo's of miles at a time, but just to be on the bike. That's all. I love it and hope to keep doing it.

I could go on for ever and if I was DIHAF I probably would. But I have more reasons to ride then I have reasons not to ride. So ride on and and enjoy it any way that makes you happy.

As for the BMX riding at the barn everyone is getting smoother and faster. Dan missed it because he hit the deck last week and his wrist is goofed up but the rest were there messin with each other. Swap meet tomorrow and then the races on Sun. Will let you know about the shit I buy there tomorrow. Later..

No comments: