Sunday, January 08, 2006

Racing BMX

Today I didn't know how the legs would be after riding yesterday. I knew that the effects wouldn't be that bad but they could be a little sluggish. They weren't that bad and I was doing alright. I had a total pointer and as always had to do a fancy passing in turn 1. I got good starts but I think I'm bumping to a 39 tooth front to spin a little more to get a better starts as I'm there but just getting it going into the turn. I took a 2nd in the first 2 moto's so in the main I knew Bryan would win so I was not worried and rode it out for the 2nd overall in the end.

Nate took the long day today as he raced age, open and cruiser. He just missed making the mains in the open and cruiser. He had great starts and was not finishing the moves into turn 1 and a couple of racers got past and then he missed the mains. He took 2nd in his age final. He had a couple of awesome moves and he could have maybe got a 1st today but it is his 2nd race as a Intermediate. He is getting better each week and I think in a few weeks the results will be different.

Little Sam "The Rocket " Janisch was racing great today. He made the open main and I think got like a 4th or 5th. In his age final he took another 1st. Way to go Sam.

Props to the Goat for coming and watching the races today. He sat in turn 2 and got to see some great bike handling. His little star was at a meet in the area so he was able to sneak away to catch some of the racing. Also Marty "the Beer Man" was there with the person from Milw. County parks. That is cool because Milw. parks want to put a BMX park in Milw. county some where. So thanks to the new spectators this week as it always nice to see others checking out BMX racing. Nothing else new so time to sit and relax for a minute and read the paper. Later..

2 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Nice job guys, cool to hear some of the crew came out.

Jay said...

Thanks Ron. I'm glad to see others come out and take a peek at the bmx racing. Later..