Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday racing

We loaded the truck again and picked up Russell at the park and ride and hit the bmx track. We meet Ron there also. I took the bike along to see how I would feel on it after few gate starts. It hurt but I couldn't sit and let a double point day go past. I felt ok and took a extra pain pill and hit the races. I made the main but in the final gate I pulled hard but it wasn't the best as I ended up 5th. That was good as I really shouldn't have even tried to race as the way I was feeling. But hey why not you only live once and I love to race. I know I'll be paying for it tomorrow.

Nate had some real good races and made the main in age and open. In open main he hit a spot where they dropped some sand and he hit the deck and took 7th. That was ok as he was the only inter to make the main and the rest are real fast experts. Maybe a top 4 finish if he didn't crash. In his age he took 2nd today and was just a fraction from a win. The same guy who always tries to crash him tried again in turn one and Nate just stopped peddling for one second and that was the difference. Nate will have to put this jerk down next week and just end it all. He raced a good couple of races this weekend and I'm super proud of him. I love watching him race and wouldn't trade for anything.

Ron came out again and he had a tough age group today and hit the birm and just missed the main today. As I told Nate after his not winning my placing 5th and Ron missing the main that shit happens. He still did great and brought home a 2 1/2 foot trophy. So he was a little happier after that. He really wanted to win. Ron thanks for all your help with Nate again today he really respects you and likes when you help him. He always talks about that on the way home. Thanks again. And Russell thanks for all your help again, it made it a lot easier for us today. You took a lot of pressure off of us for all the help you gave us. Thank you. Later..

No comments: