Saturday, January 28, 2006

Oh Yea!

We loaded up the truck and hit the BMX track this afternoon. Boy it was real hard not racing and watching. But it was a blast as Ron made it there again. So Nate and Ron were hitting the gate practices and looking good. While that was going on Goat, Goats little guy and Jerry came there to watch. I think that the Goat is going to be mixing it up there real soon like this Thursday. Gage is real interested so that would be real cool. The Goat is going to be buying a bike from one of the other guys that races there so we only have to get one for Gage. He got Gage a real cool full face helmet at the swap corner so now Gage is hooked and ready to try it. Thursday we are going to bring Nates 20 inch with flat pedals for Gage to try. If all is not fine with the body I will be letting the Goat use my bike and let him give it a rip on the track.

Now for the racing. Nate and Ron both made the mains in the open and age class. Nate took a 5th in the open and if he didn't let up he could of been in the top 3 I think. He just needs to keep pedaling and he has it. In his age final he won it again. Like I said now with the skills he has those others have to be worried as he is only getting faster. Thanks Ron for helping Nate and giving him a lot of the pointers that you do. It really helps and he is doing better after each time you help him. Now Ron was on fire today and was pulling some sweet moves in turn one and they paid off. In the open main Ron was sitting 3rd and the 2 in the lead had to take each other out. So Ron just rode his bike right over the others bikes and the guys in back had to clip out and Ron was gone for the win. It was a great move to watch. In the age main he took a 3rd place so that was a great finish also. It was a blast to watch and I wish that I was out there and mixing it up with the guys. That will just have to wait for awhile until I heal a little more. I think I will try the rollers tomorrow after the races.

Tomorrow is the double point race and I'm really bummed that I will not be able to race it but tha is how the ball bounces. Russell is going to come out there with us and Ron said that he is going to be there also. It should be a good day of racing so if you are bored come out and watch as we race at about 12:30.

The side and ribs feel a lot better today as I'm to take a full deep breath for the first time since Thursday when I crashed. It still hurts when I make fast movements and cough. I think the lung bruise is what hurts the most. The ribs don't hurt but the lungs are what are killinmg me. But they feel way better today. Later..

No comments: