Sunday, December 18, 2005

8 degrees

That is right we rode today and it was fricking cold. I did dress properly and I was warm but the toes did get a little cold at the end of the ride. I went to Russells and we rode to Hoyt Park, Bubba and Rob weren't there when Russell and I did a lap to stay warm. We got back to the parking lot and Bubba was there and Rob's truck but no Rob. We rode to the dog park and finally after about 40 minutes until we ran into Rob. We rode around for about 2 hours and then headed in. We got about 2 1/2 hours in. Just enough to be warm and not freeze like the water in my bottle. If you got your front tire off the trails you hit the ground. I found this out a few times today. But riding at the speed that Randy races at, when you fall you don't hurt yourself so that was nice. A little scrape on the skin graft but that was it. It was a perfect day to ride the dog trails as the road ride there and back was a little cool.

Well I ordered a new BMX for Nate. I got a Specailized Hemi expert 20 inch. The top tube is the same length as his cruiser. I did notice that he is kind of cramped on his other 20 incher so this should help him. He should be able to ride it next year also. It should be here early this week. Maddie will be riding the other 20 inch bike. Now I have to get her some body armor and a helmet. I hope that she picks it up and does a race or 2 later. No pushing, just a lot of hope that she will try it. Hey maybe she will race before Russell does.

I have to think of a thing or 2 for Cece to put under the tree. We also have to get something for my parents. They are always hard as they have everything and do not really need a thing. But we will find something different as we do every year. Have to go fold all the clothes that I washed yesterday. I hate folding the clothes maybe I have to get the kids on track with this job. Then maybe just maybe they won't get in each others faces. Have a good one. Later..

2 comments:

Star Capital Management said...

Gift Cert. to dinner at a fine restaurant is always appreciated as a Christmas gift.

Jay said...

i got her some teacher clothes.