Friday, December 16, 2005

Pounding the dirt

We loaded the loser crusier to the max last night with the Mad Dog, Little Dog and The Boy, Russell and myself. Russell had the crusier at the comfortble speed of 80mph and not a wiggle in the beast. As we were going the kids were very quite and I looked back and The Boy and Little Dog were sleeping. That is a nice sign as no fighting was going on. We got to the track as the snow was begining to fall. I like it when it snows. There was about 40 people there so open gates all night again. Russell was doing some gate starts clipped in and he is looking better each week. Torgler should be afraid to show as I think Russell would only school in another form of bike riding. The newly crowned National Cross Champ Samantha joined us for some gates also. Her Uncle Danny brought her. Skyler didn't want to come and the rumor is she was afraid of Russell? Nate is looking about an inch from jumping the double. He tried a few times but pulled it short. He will have in a couple of more practices. At the end we were able to get my Maddie and Pat's Maddie to try the BMX bikes. They both liked it and now I my be adding another bike to the basement. Cece just looked at me and rolled her eyes like that is all we need. If Maddie enjoys it we will add another bike to the collection. The best was Pat forgot little Sam's riding shoes so he was out there in his moon boots. He was rocking the house in those boots. Ron it can be done, racing in moon boots I have seen it. Diane brought Bradon out to the practice and he enjoyed it and I think he will be back for more. The ride home was alittle slow as there was like 4 inches of snow out there. Russell got us home safe again.

Tonight we are getting together for a dinner with the guys who race on the road team. It should be a nice dinner and a good time to talk about the last season and all. I can't believe it that the year is almost over and the Parkside races are in 3 months. I haven't decided if I want to race more WEMS races and less WORS and be a parent at the WORS for the kids. I may go that route as trying to get 4 racers bikes and all ready is stressful at times. But if I race the WORS it will be my single speed to do something different for a change. I have Russell building up a set of race wheels this winter and I will be looking to get a few different things for the bike. I will have to get the spare track bike on the rollers and ride it on the road this spring with Danny to get ready.We will have to wait and see.

Let it snow let it snow. Later..

No comments: