Friday, December 02, 2005

Bike'n

Went to the BMX track last night. Boy could I tell that I had a cold and haven't been riding for a couple of weeks. The break was nice but the gate practice was hard at times. I'm goig to have to train a few times a week on the rollers to get the lungs back. I was gasping for air a few times last night. I'm thinking what Ron said about the gearing. That 41-17 is alittle to big to get out of the gate and all. I'm going to go back to the 41 -18 and look at getting a 39- 18 maybe and see how that goes. My knees were alittle sore this morning so I think the gear was alittle big.

Ray was there last night and looks smooth as hell on the bike and ready to rock the barn this winter again. Nate was getting real good gates last night and looked the best he has this year yet. He is getting his form back and the break that he had the last 2 weeks did him good. And the best of all I beat Samantha out of the gates and around the track so she has to pay her Dad some money how funny is that.

Russell came to the track last night and did some laps. He got his license and all and enjoyed it. He was funny to watch out of the gate the first few times. He got the track down alittle and got the hang of it by the end of the night. I think he figured it out that it's harder then it looks. After a few practices he may try a race down the road. He needs to get the gate starts down without waiting until everyone leaves and with one foot on the ground. I think after a practice or 2 he will be fine. So again if you all have nothing to do races are Sunday at about 12:45. You all think you have mad skillz come see these 10 and 11 year old kids fly around. And a few of the old guys do to.

Tomorrow night is the union Christmas party. I say Christmas they say Holiday because we are Gov't workers. How lame is that, just suck it up it's refered to Christmas and you get paid for the day off and you don't complain. Any how it should be OK and all. Go to the party and talk work all night, I'll be standing at the bar as the beer is free to avoid that shit. I'll head home by 1am as we race BMX on Sunday. Later..

No comments: